The Italian buffalo milk cheese, which is a Mozzarella cheese with extra cream folded in is one of chef Nancy Silverton's favourite cheeses. It is no surprise that burrata makes a regular appearance on the menu in Osteria Mozza and Pizzeria Mozza by Nancy Silverton, both in Marina Bay Sands. Dishes include burrata bruschette and burrata pizza.
Chef Silverton shares two recipes using the creamy burrata cheese from Puglia, Italy.
1. Slice a dome-shaped burrata into half.
2. Wrap some speck (smoked prosciutto) around each piece of burrata.
3. Blanch the English peas till they are tender and not mushy
4. In a mixing bowl, add thinly-sliced snow peas, finely-sliced mint, extra virgin olive oil and a pinch of salt. Mix contents well. Set aside.
5. Blend some peas into an electric blender and add extra virgin olive oil and a pinch of salt. Blend till it becomes a smooth pea puree.
6. Spoon the pea puree on top of each speck-wrapped burrata and top each burrata piece with the snow peas mixture (done in step 4).
7. Garnish with shavings of Parmesan cheese. Serve.
1. Slice the top portion of the burrata so that the caviar can rest on top of the cheese.
2. Sprinkle chives, finely-chopped parsley and finely-chopped red onions on top of the burrata.
3. Grate a hard-boiled egg over the burrata and top it off with a generous scoop of caviar. Serve.